Welcome to Catalytic, a blog to discuss the discussion of subject matter from Higher Education, High School, Middle School and Elementary Schools. This time, Katalistiwa will discuss a question that is often asked in school exams. The questions are: Black and White Images Created in a Technical Way
Black and White Images Created in a Technical Way
Drawing face photos aside from being a hobby can also be useful for developing visual skills to draw realistic objects, such as human objects or other three-dimensional objects in a two-dimensional plane. There are two types of drawing face photos; the first is to move the face in Photo as close as possible to the image field and the second is to move the face in the photo to the image field by simply taking the essence of the face to be in the image. In the former case, careful visual skills and basic knowledge of human facial anatomy are required. Whereas in the second case, in addition to visual abilities and knowledge anatomy face, also in need of the ability to read the character of the object.
Detailed discussion of Black and White Drawings
On this occasion, the author will only discuss the first case. Some tips for drawing face photos:
- to simplify the drawing process, it is highly recommended to familiarize our eyes with seeing the object to be drawn, in this case a photo of the face to be drawn
- The placement of the object to be photographed must also be close to or appear to be close to the photo area
- the direction of our eyes must always move from the object field to the image field.
Here's a quick, step-by-step process for drawing a black and white photo of a face in pencil:
- After getting used to seeing the object to be drawn, start drawing sketch lines with F, H or HB pencils to make the eye area then proceed to the nose and mouth area. Next, create the head, ears and hair area. When finished, this head sketch will serve as a reference for drawing other body parts. No need to draw the whole object as shown in the picture, in this way it can add beauty to the picture
- Emphasize the existing sketch lines with a 2B pencil, so that the object in the image begins to form. As always, start with the eyes, because the shape of the eyes is the key to the success of the whole process. At this point, our memory of the real face of the object (not in the photo) is needed. Among these is the memory of the curves of her face and the expressions on her face. Erase unnecessary sketch lines if they are distracting.
- When finished reinforcing the sketch lines, start shading according to the lighting in the photo, starting from the eyes. Enough with the rough shading with a 2B pencil, not too sharp or too blunt. Gives a line character in a certain field; such as cheeks, nose, ears and indentations of the fabric on clothes. At this point, the image should look like a cartoon.
- Finishing with pencils ranging from HB to 6B (use of HB and 2B is enough). Emphasize the outline and character outline again with a 2B fine pencil. Convex the shadow with a blunt HB pencil, then replace it with a blunt 2B pencil. To add a more realistic finish, gently rub in the shadows with your fingertip, cotton pad, or eraser. After everything is done, to add artistic value and beauty to the picture, put your signature.
In the technique of drawing colored face photos, apart from requiring skills such as drawing in black and white, you also need the ability to mix colors, this is because human skin color is not a primary color. Color mixing is also not only from one medium but can be from several media or commonly called mixed media.
The stages are as follows:
After making a sketch with a graphite pencil, use a soft pastel as the base color then use colored pencils as a base color confirmation. Emphasize the sketch lines with fine graphite pencil or colored pencil based on the object's natural color, then use a dull colored pencil to give the effect depth and lightness and darkness. To smooth the shade, gently rub it with a cotton pad or swab. Finally use a studio marker for highlights and color contrast, rub with your finger or cotton bud while the marker is still wet.
This is the discussion that we have summarized by the Katalistiwa.id Team from various learning sources. Hopefully this discussion is useful, don't forget if you have other answers, you can contact the admin. Thank you